Arts for Autism
A celebration of the arts and the many talents of autism, raising awareness and funding for autism in San Luis Obispo County.
October 12, 13, and 14, 2012
The Christopher Cohan Performing Arts Center, Rossi Grand Lobby
The Central Coast Autism Spectrum Center is proud to announce the 2012 Arts for Autism dates. Arts for Autism will be held in the Rossi Grand Lobby of the Christopher Cohan Center at the Performing Arts Center at Cal Poly. This one of a kind event will take place Ocotber 12, 13, and 14, 2012, with with a ticketed Performing Arts Gala on Saturday, October 13 at 5:30.
Meet the Artists Reception:
October 13, 5:30 pm. Pavillion.
The Meet the Artist Reception is a ticketed event, and will provide an opportuity to meet the artists, hear from event hosts, and enjoy live music, food and wine. Tickets are not yet available.
Arts for Autism is an awareness and fundraising event for the Central Coast Autism Spectrum Center (a 501c3 non-profit organization) that improves quality-of-life for individuals with autism spectrum disorders, and the lives they touch, through compassion, commitment, and collaboration.
· Artists are invited to submit performance, visual, and written art for consideration.
· Submissions should be sent via email (either .jpg or .pdf) to SSegal@AutismSpectrumCenter.com.
· The deadline for submissions is Friday, September 7, and artists will be notified by Friday,September 14.
· This is a juried entry showing, and priority selection will be given to artists diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
· There is no age requirement or limit, and youths are encouraged to submit.
· Selected participants are required to pay a $50 participation fee. Scholarships are available. Please inquire with submission.
· All visual arts must be available for sale, and a portion of artists proceeds will be donated to CCASC to support programs and services. Receipts will be provided for donations.
· Written art (poetry or short stories) must be matted for presentation. Black or white mats only.
· Visual art/ Arts & Crafts (painting- any medium, drawing/sketching, sculpture, etc.) must be prepared appropriately for presentation.
· Performance art (instrumental, vocal, and others) opportunities will be very limited due to time constraints, and will be limited only to those on the autism spectrum. Priority for performing artists will be given to San Luis Obispo County residents.
· Artists are asked to be present Saturday, October 13, 2012, at 5:30 pm for a private, ticketed, Meet the Artists Reception.
· It is recommended that artists be present for performances at the PAC on the night of Friday, October 12, and the morning of Saturday, October 13.
· Artists must bring their art for set-up on Thursday, October 11, time TBD; and take-down on Sunday, Ocotber 14 following any matinee performances.
For further information, or with questions, please contact Susan Segal at SSegal@AutismSpectrumCenter.com